Duty Station: Sarajevo
Position Title: M&E/Impact Manager
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian required.
Preferred Start Date: Approx. January 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The M&E/Impact Manager will support a USAID-funded media development project in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) focused on supporting media partners in BiH to enhance the quality of their content production; facilitate adherence to journalistic standards; expand their reach and appeal to target audiences; improve their business practices to help them operate as viable enterprises; and increase their security from politically motivated lawsuits and cyberattacks. This position will report directly to the Chief of Party (Project Director) and lead the overall design and implementation of evaluation and monitoring systems for the Project, defining specific processes, methodologies and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, accountability and reporting in line with Internews and Project donor’s requirements. The M&E/Impact Manager will ensure continuous and rigorous data collection, collect impact data, train and support grantees, contribute to the preparation of reports, and help to develop and support the Project’s learning agenda in order to inform adjustments to the Project’s design and activity plans. The position will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socio-economic backgrounds. We are EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
• Oversees Project’s learning agenda. Significantly contributes to market research and horizon scanning to inform the Project’s priorities and design (i.e., develops scope of work, reviews findings and reports). Leads on subsequent annual studies.
• Contributes to the development of Project’s annual work plans to ensure the learning agenda is properly reflected, indicators and expected activities are fully aligned, and appropriate data gathering mechanisms are in place.
• Regularly reviews activity plans to verify the Project’s progress against Annual Work Plans and towards target indicators, suggesting adjustments to the design of activities or the implementation plan as necessary.
• Oversees consistent application of M&E standards by subgrantees through regular monitoring visits and/or online meetings; develops M&E plans and ensures that all sub-awardees utilize relevant indicators and targets that contribute to the Project’s overall M&E framework; manages systemic collection of data from all sub-grantees in accordance with their grant agreements.
• Oversees collection, verification, and reporting of required M&E data in compliance with donors’ and Internews’ data quality standards.
• Monitors implementation of systems, processes and tools used to collect, track and analyze project-level data, ensuring quality and consistency in data entry and reporting.
• As necessary, oversees technology integration for data collection, impact tracking, and reporting, including but not limited to Internews software and tools.
• Provides project-specific data to support organization-wide data collection and analysis efforts.
• Develops a systematic approach that identifies and captures the impact of project activities and results, including success stories, and works with the program team to ensure they are promoted both internally and externally.
• Supports the design and implementation of assessments and other surveys according to approved workplans. Specifically, supports selection of core media partners by guiding baseline and needs assessments; provides methodological support and relevant expertise to the process.
• Liaises with Internews’ Impact Department and regional M&E specialist.
• Understands and demonstrates commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• English language fluency and proficiency in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian are required.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of large internationally funded democracy and governance programs, preferably media development programs. Experience monitoring USAID- and USG-funded programs strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate M&E requirements and outcomes to project beneficiaries, project colleagues, project funders, and other stakeholders.
• Proficiency in evaluating design and development of M&E indicators. Good working knowledge of statistics and ability to obtain, analyze and interpret data and present findings in written and oral form.
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection/survey design, implementation and analysis.
• Competent in MS Excel, word processing, and Power Point.
• Ability to apply lessons learned from other contexts.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email addresses email@example.com and jlaport@INTERNEWS.ORG by 24 December 2021